Saturday, February 22, 2014

Digital Citizenship | Pinner Bill Gumula


Meet the Pinner:
Bill Gumula is an eLearning coach with Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation. He happens to also be a certified Common Sense Educator and creator of the EVSC Digital Heroism Challenge. Given his passion for the topic, we wanted to feature Bill's Digital Citizenship board as part of Pinnovation. Seriously, it deserves more than two followers! It's important to note that Bill has other boards worth exploring too. 

How would you describe your use of Pinterest?    
As a guy I am not all about Pinterest (sorry if I offend) but I certainly find value in its ability to bring together the best of the web in one place and make it easy to digest, access, and share your own resources. I am a very visual person and so when I can see resources laid out for me in this fashion it helps me sort through them quickly and get to what I need quicker.

Do you curate using any other tools? What do you like about Pinterest in comparison?
I also use Evernote, Symbaloo, and Pearltrees to curate materials. I like the simplicity of Pinterest and, as I mentioned previously, the visual layout allowing me to scan a number of resources quickly.

Can you share any advice for new Pinners?
Just dive in and start exploring. It is amazing the wealth of resources you will find waiting for you!

Pinnovation Invitation: How long has it been since you last visited Pinterest? Bill tells us, "About a year ago I dabbled in pinning, and then fell out of the practice." We encourage you to revisit a board that you have neglected. Scan the resources. Search for new discoveries that can be pinned. And share what you find with someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment