Sunday, February 24, 2013

Video Examples in EDU | TechSmith Education

About TechSmith
In any discussion with teachers who are flipping classrooms, TechSmith will be brought up. And it's not just this model of instruction that adopted TechSmith's screencasting and capturing tools. Students and teachers alike are using Camtasia, Jing and SnagIt to demonstrate learning, provide feedback and be more productive. As a partner in Digital Learning Day, TechSmith put together this toolkit for educators. In fact, if you visit their website, they've developed a page of tutorials on things like how to embed content and build in the capacity for conversations around video.

What prompted you to begin pinning?
I do a lot of research on the education market. I'm also personally addicted to pinterest and go there to search for inspiration and ideas for everything- including work. I noticed how many educators were starting to share lesson ideas and learning/ teaching resources and decided to create a techsmith board of education ideas. My hope was to make it easier for educators to have a 'go to' starting point on pinterest to get ideas for lessons, apps, digital learning examples, tools to try, share ideas, etc.

Do you curate using any other tools?
We have used Storify before; however, Pinterest is much more flexible. I love that I can create a board for each subject, grade level, topic, etc. as many as i want, as often as I want. And one of TechSmith's goals is to share our customers success stories. Pinterest has provided a place other than You Tube to post our customer's videos to help inspire other teachers to either flip their classroom or use technology in education in some way.

But Pinterest can also be addicting. Before you know it, you will have spent 3 hours on it and pinned more ideas than you'll ever be able to do.

How do you collect pins?
I mainly search by subject. I do follow quite a few other educators as well and often repin their ideas.

Any particular recommendations to Follow?
I have noticed that a lot of other education providers have started Pinterest boards as well that I have started to follow (i.e. Educreations, etc.) However, the way I personally use Pinterest is to come up with project ideas and hands on activities. So I would suggest following educators that teach in the fields that you're interested in. It's amazing the lab projects, experiments, resources, etc. that they come up with and share on their boards.

Do you have a favorite board(s) you curate?
I am quite proud of our customers that have videos that cover their stories. But as for the other boards that I curate, I admit they need some work and time dedicated to improving the variety of content.

Can you share any advice for new Pinners?
Jump in! You can always edit and delete boards. Just get started. And use it whenever you need an idea for how to engage students, an idea for lab projects, or an idea for organizing your classroom or home. 

View TechSmith Education's Featured Board

1 comment: