Friday, February 8, 2013

My Classroom & Brain Breaks | Pinner Holly Carter


Meet Holly
Six months ago Holly Carter discovered she could find awesome teaching ideas for her classroom on Pinterest and there's really no stopping her now. In just that short time, she's already collected over 725 pins. As a second grade teacher for Tri-Creek School Corporation, Holly pins to half a dozen curriculum and enrichment boards in addition to her handful of personal inspirational boards. She clearly values a positive attitude in life and we couldn't help but notice her Brain Breaks board.  Any student (and even some teachers) would benefit from the tips and tricks she's collected such as the homemade stress balls!

What do you gain from pinning?
It is such a useful tool for getting classroom ideas or new teaching strategies. I have a Smartboard that I can use to show a lot of interesting things on for my kids to see and learn about. They enjoy "Brain Break" and online stories.  

How do you collect pins?
A combination of it all: repinning from categories, from pinners I follow (she follows 82 other users) and from the web.

Do you have favorite boards you curate?
Probably all of my boards for use in my classroom.

Can you share any advice for new Pinners?
I feel all educators should take advantage of Pinterest! [And she cautions] Be careful... once you start, you are hooked!

4 comments:

  1. I love the pin for creating a classroom stage! There are so many classroom design and management ideas on this board, but what really drew me in were the brain breaks! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly is an awesome teacher, and I think our first conversation (when we met) was about Pinterest and bookmarking it on her Safari browser.

    Dan Gibson (aka @hoosier_teacher)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a high school teacher and I loved this board!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly has always been an inspiration for trying new things! It's amazing to see the learning that occurs in her classroom.

    ReplyDelete