Sunday, February 17, 2013

Classroom Ideas | Pinner Karla Schweizer

Meet Karla Schweizer
Karla is a middle school teacher with the Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation. She began using Pinterest when it was still in beta. Like many of our Pinnovation contributors, Karla's initial exploration of the tool was for personal interest, but as you will see, she quickly discovered the benefit to pinning for her language arts classes. 

What prompted you to begin pinning?
DIY Projects

Do you curate using any other tools?
I have a blog and use a couple websites, however, I like the visual nature of Pinterest and the ability I have to search, edit, and include information I find vital.

How do you collect pins?
I pin from categories, primarily, although I generally search for specific items first in Pinterest. If I am searching the web and find something of use with the option for Pinning, I will add it to my boards.

Any particular recommendations to Follow?
Amanda Plum, Kathy Schrock, Shelly Terrell, Regina Hartley, Ted ED, Robin Harrington, Michelle Anthony, and Hilary Lewis

Do you have a favorite board(s) you curate?
I love my Craft Ideas board!

Can you share any advice for new Pinners?
Don't get overwhelmed. If Pinterest seems like too much, start by searching for a specific idea which interests you. You'll be amazed at what comes up and it will lead you to a whole new series of ideas!

View Karla's Board

1 comment:

  1. Karla, so glad you responded to our call for pinners! I was thinking about how I made the transition from using Pinterest for personal use to making boards for work, and really it did start with being specific.

    ReplyDelete